Saturday, February 25, 2012

Slacker

It happens to the best of us. We have great intentions. Even get into it with gusto. Then like most things, we slack. Then that slacking turns into avoidance. Avoidance turns into denial and before you know it, it is off the radar. So we all have a bit of slacker in us. My slacker has been showing a lot lately.
I can't say I don't enjoy being a slacker. There is nothing better than throwing off responsibilities, packing a bag and heading out of town for some vacation fun. Or spending the weekend with my nose in a book, instead of cleaning, editing, and keeping caught up on those wonderful tasks adults are so privileged to enjoy. PS - kids when an adult tells you not grow up to fast, it isn't because they think you are so adorably cute in your youth, it is because they are envious of your time to slack!!!!
So today will be a productive day. Hell I've blogged twice, cleaned and finished a project. It is 10 am!!! I have a full day of getting things done today. But don't worry, this over achieving stuff will be gone soon enough and I will be lounging on the couch, reading while my kids lose themselves in video game oblivion.
Slacking - it is for everybody!

No comments:

Who I Am Reading